Social Prescribing

Social Prescribing Support

Social prescribing supports individuals to take better control over their health and improve their general wellbeing.

It aims to link residents, who have social, emotional or practical needs which cannot be addressed by a GP, to a wealth of different services within the borough.

What we offer

We offer one to one appointments with our wellbeing adviser who will talk to you about your concerns and factors affecting your health. Our adviser will then help to identify and organise suitable assistance via our network of services and local community and voluntary organisations.

Our wellbeing adviser can help you to access support in the following areas:

– remaining independent at home
– opportunities for social interaction
– practical help, such as cooking, transport, shopping
– physical activity
– benefits and budgeting advice
– housing options advice
– mental or emotional support
– support around a disability.

Who can use this service

The service is currently available to adults over 18 years old, who are registered with a Woking GP surgery and experiencing non-medical issues requiring additional support.

To use this service please complete our self-referral form.

Woking Social Prescribing Contact

Telephone: 01483 743910


Social Prescribing in Surrey

What is social prescribing?

A service that helps people find out about opportunities in their local community that could help them to improve their health and wellbeing.

People who could benefit include people who feel low or anxious, who have been bereaved, who feel lonely, who live with long term conditions, who want to improve their physical health, who are struggling with their living arrangements, who are struggling with finances and people who are looking for employment.

The service is free to use, though some of the opportunities or support you are signposted to may carry a charge.

How do I access the service?

Professionals such as GPs, nurses, social care workers and local district/borough council staff can refer you to your local social prescribing service.

All you need to do is speak to a relevant professional and they will simply complete a referral form and with your permission, send it to your local social prescribing service. The social prescribing service will then contact you directly to talk about your situation and what you would like to achieve.

For further details please visit Surrey Information Point.